Junior Bourne End Week
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Bourne End and Cookham
The objective of Junior Bourne End Week is to have fun on the water. Junior Bourne End Week is a mixture of racing, fun and games. Come and join in if you are 18 or under. Children as young as 3 have enjoyed being part of Junior Bourne End Week in recent years and continue to demand to come back! Everyone has fun and those that want to get some race training and the opportunity to compete in the Junior Bourne End Week Regatta. The ethos of the week is adults running an excellent week for children involving a wide range of on the water activities. We need the commitment of adult volunteers to make it happen.
A Sign Up Day will be held at Upper Thames SC on Sunday 19th March 2017 from 12am until 2.30pm. The Galley and Bar will both be open.
1. Access to the club is across the Railway Line. At all times members, event
participants and guests must adhere to regulations regarding the use of
the railway crossing, as displayed on the crossing gates and the club
notice board. It is essential to the club’s future that the continued use of the
crossing is ensured and the good relations with the railway authorities are
2. There are pedestrian gates and boat crossing gates.
3. All members and guests must use the pedestrian gates. If you hear a train
hooting you must stay outside the crossing gates with the gates closed. A
train is approaching, even if out of sight, so do not cross, but wait for the
train to pass, standing OUTSIDE the CLOSED gate.
4. When the line is clear please cross quickly and close all gates behind you.
Do not try to carry too much kit across at one time.
5. Boat crossing gates: Railway rules state that both gates must be fully open
before starting to bring boats across. Do not take a boat across on your own.
6. Please minimise repeat visits across the railway line to minimise risk.
7. There is a published railway timetable but trains do not always run to time.
8. Please ensure that all visitors and spectators who may arrive independently
are thoroughly briefed about railway safety.
Junior Bourne End Week only works due to the parental support provided. All participants are required to be accompanied by an adult at all times. The children get to spend time on the water and the adults make it happen. We will publish the duty roster on the UTSC club website before the start of the event.
Each day arrive for registration from 09.30. The on water activities finish around 17.00 apart from a lunchtime finish on Saturday so we can all clear up. Lunch and tea will be served each day. Camping is available and the clubhouse will be open on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings.